Every year, we take at least one road trip! This summer, due to travel restrictions on flying both in and out of the country, we will be taking even more road trips. Whether we are headed to the beach, going on a camping trip, heading out for an RV adventure, or just going to Grammy's house, we LOVE to have special road trip snacks! Here are 4 simple, delicious snacks for your next road trip.
Hershey Kiss Surprise
- 2 Sticks Margarine
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ C. Sugar
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 C. Nuts
- 1 Bag Hershey Kisses
- Powdered Sugar
1. Cream margarine, sugar, and vanilla.
2. Add flour and nuts, mix well.
3. Shape around each Hershey’s Kiss. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place each cookie on the sheet an inch apart.
4. Bake 375 degrees for 12 minutes until set, but not brown.
5. Cool and roll in powdered sugar. You can leave off the powdered sugar if you are concerned about making a mess in the car.
- 2 ¾ C. Flour
- 2 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ C. Margarine
- 1 pkg. Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 6 oz. Package of Chocolate chips
- Mix the butter and sugar until creamy and then add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt and slowly add to the butter mixture until a soft thick dough forms.
- Stir the chocolate chips in by hand. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (do not over bake). Let cool and then cut into bars.
Trash- this is a HUGE holiday favorite at our house and makes for an extra special road trip treat.
- 1 pkg. white chocolate or almond bark
- 2 C. Corn Chex
- 2 C. Salted Peanuts
- 3 C. Rice Chex
- 12 oz. Plain M&M
- 3 C. Cheerios
- 2 C. Pretzels (I use sticks)
Mix all of the dry ingredients into the biggest bowl you have. The more mixing room you have, the better the coating will be. Melt the white almond bark per the package directions. Once you have fully liquified almond bark/white chocolate, slowly pour the liquid over the contents of the bowl being sure to mix as you go. Once you have all of the almond bark in the bowl, mix thoroughly so that everything is evenly coated.
Lay wax paper on the countertop. I typically scotch tape several pieces of wax paper together to form a large surface. Then, pour the covered “trash” onto the wax paper and spread thin. Allow to dry fully (30 minutes). Then break apart the “trash into small pieces. Store in an air-tight container or place into individual containers for your road trip.
Snickers Rice Crispy Treats
- 1/4 C. Butter
- 5 C. Mini Marshmallows
- 5 1/2 C. Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/2 C. Salted Peanuts
- 16 oz 1 1/2 11oz bags caramels
- 3 Tbs. Heavy Cream
- 2 C. Chocolate chips
- Melt your butter or margarine over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in marshmallows, and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in your rice Krispie cereal and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour cereal into a 9×13 in pan and press down evenly but don't push too hard.
- Sprinkle peanuts evenly over the top of the rice Krispie treats.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine caramels and heavy cream over medium heat.
Going on a road trip can be tons of fun! Getting to your destination is a huge part of the experience. Be sure to pack some fun snacks to enjoy along the way. With these recipes, the hardest part will be not eating them before you leave the driveway!
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.